neděle 15. prosince 2013

Frame members are cut to size

Today all frame members but dashboard are cut to size. It took me almost full day.


I have first transferred all plans to Google Sketch up to identify measurements that were missing in the original plans and used it also for automatic conversion from inches to mm. Those extra measurements were very valuable when I was transferring the lines to lumber.



Now the next phase will be to complete the frames with the plywood laminations and gussets. I must say that Okume (Gabon) is very nice to work with, light, yet strong enough and very easy to fair and cut. I have decided to cut from 30mm thick lumber, a bit more than suggested in the original plans (1inch). I will also not laminate the plywood to the members, I will use the gussets technology instead.